Christmas Candylane, Hershey Sweet Lights & More Returning to Hershey, The Sweetest Place On Earth
Celebrate this holiday season with a trip to Hershey, Pa., and make memories that last a lifetime. The magic of the holidays comes to life during Christmas In Hershey holiday events, with new additions and old favorites
Christmas Candylane at Hersheypark
Sidewinder coaster is a new addition to the Christmas Candylane holiday attraction and will join favorites Wildcat, sooperdooperLooper, Cocoa Cruiser, Wild Mouse and Laff Trakk coasters that will open during Christmas Candylane (weather permitting). The new for 2017 Hershey Triple Towers attraction will also be one of the more than 50 rides open for the season.
Four million sparkling lights will illuminate and excite as you make your way through Hersheypark Amusement Park. A new holiday show, A Music Box Christmas, will be sure to put you in the holiday spirit. And iconic Christmas Candylane activities will return, including: Santa and his live reindeer, Rudolph’s Skating Pond, and NOEL, the breathtaking light show.
Christmas Candylane begins Friday, November 10 and is open on select dates through Sunday, January 1, 2018.
Hershey Sweet Lights
Drive through two miles of lighted displays from the comfort of your car in Hershey Sweet Lights attraction. Enjoy illuminated holiday lights through the fields and wooded trails while listening to holiday music. Hershey Sweet Lights begins Friday, November 10 and is open daily through Monday, January 1, 2018. This is one of my favorite events, so definitely take the time, your family will be ewwing and ahhing all night.
The Hotel Hershey & Hershey Lodge
Stay overnight at The Official Resorts of Hersheypark for a sweet holiday getaway. Overnight guests of Hershey Lodge receive exclusive access to Hershey’s Water Works at Hershey Lodge indoor pool complex. The complex includes two interactive indoor pools, Twizzlers Twists Slides, Reese’s Water Walk, water play structures, 24-hour arcade and the Cocoa Cabana dining location with a full bar.
The Woodside Cottages at The Hotel Hershey make for a memorable holiday experience. The most premium accommodations at the Hotel, the Woodside Cottages luxury accommodations feature larger bedrooms, world-class bathrooms and private outdoor entrances. Individual rooms or full cottages are available for reservations. Guests who reserve a full four- or six-bedroom cottage receive access to a multi-functional great room with cathedral ceilings, fireplace, microwave and wet bar.
New for 2017 is the Hersheypark Happy Christmas Package, available at Hershey Lodge and The Hotel Hershey during the holiday season:
- Package Includes: Deluxe accommodations for two nights, milk and cookies for four on night of arrival, two-day admission to Christmas Candylane per person, admission for one vehicle to Hershey Sweet Lights, admission to Hershey Gardens (including the year-round Butterfly Atrium), and admission to The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience.
- Additional overnight packages during the holiday season include: Hersheypark Christmas Candylane Package
- Visit www.HersheyLodge.com and/or www.TheHotelHershey.com for more information.
Relaxation in Hershey, PA
New for 2017 is MeltSpa by Hershey day spa. Located in the heart of downtown Hershey at 11 E Chocolate Ave., MeltSpa by Hershey features exclusive Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Treatments and additional services including:
- Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Sugar Scrub
- Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Body Wrap
Hershey’s Sweet Hands & Feet Dark Chocolate Treatment
The Spa At The Hotel Hershey features special winter-themed treatments, including:
Holiday Season Sampler November 1 – January 31 $185 Monday-Thursday, $195 Fri-Sun
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Immersion December 1 – January 31 $195 Monday-Thursday, $205 Fri-Sun
Peppermint Mocha Manicure & Pedicure December 1 – February 28 $140 Monday-Thursday, $150 Fri-Sun
Dining In Hershey, PA
- Holiday with Dickens at The Hotel Hershey, Sunday, December 3: 3:00 p.m.
- Holiday Tea ($40) and 6:30 p.m. Holiday Dinner ($99)
- This heartwarming show-of-the-season is performed by Gerald Charles Dickens, the great, great grandson of literary master, Charles Dickens. During his energetic one-man show, Dickens brings A Christmas Carol to life. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 717-534-8800.
Amazing festive shows will be featured in Hershey, Pa. during the holiday season. The dates and times are listed below and visit www.HersheyEntertainment.com for tickets and more information.
- Rudolph – December 6 and 7 at Hershey Theatre
- Hershey Symphony presents Holiday Spectacular – December 9 at Hershey Theatre
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra – December 15 at Giant Center
- George Balanchine’s “The Nutcracker” – December 16 and 17 at Hershey Theatre.
Amy Grant & Michael W. Smith Christmas Tour – December 17 at Giant Center.
Straight No Chaser – December 23 at Hershey Theatre
ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park
Wild Winter Treats – Watch as our animals get into the holiday spirit with a special winter treat. Visit www.ZooAmerica.com for more information.
- Wild Winter Adventures – During this program you’ll learn how animals survive in the cold winter months and get up-close with animal encounters and more. December 23-29
The Hershey Story Museum
- Little Elves Workshop – Participants will roll, cut and ice their creations and design their own packaging. $5.00 per ornament; adults may accompany participating children at no charge. Available select dates November 18 – January 1 at 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Snowball Saturdays – Friendly indoor snowball fights are the centerpiece of this holiday event! Free; admission to the Museum Experience not required. Available December 2, 9 & 16, scheduled times between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Holiday-Themed Chocolate Lab Classes – Ticket purchase required; children must be at least four years old to enter the lab. Available daily beginning November
NYE Bubble Wrap Stomps – Kids can celebrate the New Year with bubble wrap stomps on Sunday, December 31, 2017, at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. Free; admission to the Museum Experience not required. Visit www.HersheyStory.org for more information.
- Saturdays: December 2, 9 and 16, 2017 from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. – Visit with Santa while enjoying live music in the Welcome Pavilion.
- Sundays: December 3, 10 and 17, 2017 from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. – Kids can make a holiday craft and enjoy story time with Mrs. Claus.
Visit www.HersheyGardens.org for more information.
Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction
Hershey’s Chocolate World Holiday Activities. Visit www.Hersheys.com/ChocolateWorl
- Breakfast with Santa – Doors open at 7:15 a.m., Breakfast Buffet is from 7:30-9:00 a.m. November 18 & 19, 25 & 26 and December 2 (Sold Out) & 3, 9 & 10, 16 & 17, 23 & 24, 26- 30.
- See the unique Annual Hershey’s Holiday Chocolate House! Every inch is covered in Hershey’s confectionery products and a sweet donation is made to Children’s Miracle Network.
- Hershey Sweet Lights Trolley: Journey through Hershey Sweet Lights, a magical holiday light display, on board an old-fashioned trolley. Our trolley conductor will have carols, HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates, and creative commentary to entertain you and your family.
- Holly Jolly Trolley: Take a cozy trip on an old-fashioned trolley which is guaranteed to get you in the Christmas spirit with caroling, stories, and even a special visit from a certain jolly, old elf.
Visit www.Hersheypark.com for hours and ticket information.
Disclosure: NYC Single Mom is a 2017 Sweetest Moms Ambassador. All thoughts and opinions are my own