9 Things My life Doesn’t Need in 2017
2017 is officially here. And with the New Year, there are so many things I want to do, change and accomplish. Rather than focus on making resolutions, I am taking a different perspective on my life and focus on things I don’t need this year.
1. Clutter – This past summer I spent every weekend getting rid of stuff yet I still have stuff. I’d like to tell you that I bought a lot of stuff since the summer but that is not the case. It is my goal to attempt to clear out all the stuff that we don’t need, use or can’t wear. I need to stop holding onto to stuff for whatever wacky reason and just it let it go.
2. Stress – I need to learn to manage stress better. It is likely that I will start seeing my therapist again. I love my friends and family but having an objective view is important. Basically someone who will listen to me with no judgments. Holding stress in not good for my soul or my health.
3. Social Media – Being a blogger means, I have to be online doing research, staying in touch on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. That said, I just have to stop checking every minute of the day to find out what is trending. I am going to have to say that it’s an addiction at this point to want to know what is going on all the time. It must stop now because I would like to actually read a book in 2017.
4) Eliminate procrastination – I constantly wait to do things at the last minute which has less to unneeded stress and occasionally results in financial penalties.
5) Criticizing myself – It’s all about acceptance in 2017- Love myself – Forgive myself – Accept myself. Be ME!! That’s my mantra in 2017.
6) Lackadaisical attitude towards what I eat – I need to pay more attention into what is actually in the packaged goods I eat. GMO, corn syrup and salt all contribute to a less than healthy eating habits so I need to actually read what is in the products I buy. This not only helps me get healthier but impacts my daughter health and eating habits as well.
7) Being financially disorganized – what does this mean? It means that I need to get my estate in order. I know it sounds like I am billionaire but regardless of how much money you make or have and you have children, you need to plan for the “what if” situation. It is my goal in the first few months of the year to get all my financial papers together so that if something happens to me, it’s all there for my daughter’s guardian to find.
8) Being disorganized in general – this ties back to #1 less clutter. I spend so much time looking for stuff, paperwork, receipts that I get stressed. I can not tell you what a mess my food cupboards. Do you know how many bottles of ketchup and pasta I have? A lot!! This again is waste of my money.
9) My gut – In an earlier post, I talked about using SMART Goals to lose weight. I hate my pregnant gut. It must go in 2017.
What are things your life doesn’t need in 2017? How will you go about eliminating them?
Disclosure: NYC Single Mom was not compensated for this post.