Easter is around the corner and for those of you with young kids, you are probably going to celebrate by going to church, going to an Easter hunt and of course get them an Easter basket. That was certainly I did for years when my daughter was younger because Easter wasn’t Easter without the Easter bunny making an appearance. Well I thought the tradition of giving my daughter an Easter basket was in my rear view window. Wrong.
A few weeks ago, my daughter and I were talking about the Easter bunny and then my daughter asked why she didn’t get any more Easter baskets. I responded snarkily, “you are big kid now.” She then proceeded to cite all her Easter baskets she had received. If you think I even remember all the little bunnies and items I bought you would be wrong.
Just when you think your kid remembers nothing or has no appreciation for all the little things you did when they were younger, they hit you over the head.
So I decided to give her an Easter basket this year. That sounds like easier than it sounds. Back when she was a kid, candy, Easter Pez dispensers and bunnies were fine but what the heck do you give a teenager?
Here are my suggestions for a Teen Easter basket.
- Cute themed basket – I bought this sheep Easter basket at my local drugstore for $2.99.
- Change purse – Teen girls love animals and why not buy an adorable change purse. I picked this up at Forever 21.
- Candy – An Easter basket is nothing without candy.
- Tech gifts – you can never have enough ear buds or chargers.
- Perfume or beauty item – I opted for perfume because my daughter seems to be in to perfume but nail polish or lip gloss I am sure will make any teen girl happy.
- A card – this was an impromptu purchase. I think next year I will make my own because it was pretty difficult to find a card for an teen.
Do you still give your teenager an Easter Basket? If you do, I would love to hear your suggestions for next year.