Celebrating Halloween in Hershey is sure to be a ton of fun as Hersheypark Amusement Park is transformed into Hersheypark In The Dark offering more than 50 rides and attractions while ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park opens after dark to provide a rare glimpse of the nighttime activities of more than 200 animals. Plus numerous family-friendly happenings and themed events taking place this October.
Halloween fun takes place Fridays through Sundays from October 13-29, and includes:
Hersheypark In The Dark
Hersheypark In The Dark Halloween attraction features more than 50 rides and attractions and Halloween-themed live entertainment. Guests visiting the Park will enjoy:
- All 13 roller coasters and Hershey Triple Tower attraction will be open for guests. Laff Trakk coaster will turn off the lights during all operating hours. In addition, the Park will turn off the lights on its three wooden roller coasters during the last hour of each operating evening.
- New for 2017: 13 candy locations in Hershey’s Trick-or-Treat Trail, including Treatville trick-or-treat trail in Hersheypark and ZooAmerica, and Hershey Hollow in Hershey’s Chocolate WorldAttraction. Children ages 12 and younger are encouraged to come in costume for free treat bags and candy at each stop throughout this whimsical Halloween village.
- Festive fall-themed food and beverages, such as pumpkin funnel cakes and King-Sized pumpkin milkshakes.
- Live entertainment including “Screaming Mummies,” a band of misfit mummies performing throwback Halloween tunes.
Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction
With fun for the whole family each weekend! Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction guests enjoy:
- Festive fall fun during Full Moon Fridays (Oct. 13, 20, 27).
- New surprises in Hershey Hallow (Don’t forget your costumes).
Creatures Of The Night at ZooAmerica
Included in the one-price admission to Hersheypark In The Dark Halloween attraction, guests are invited to bring a flashlight for the Creatures Of The Night experience program at ZooAmerica after 6 pm. Separate admission is also available at the Zoo’s off-street entrance. Halloween In Hershey is the only time of the year when guests can visit after dark and experience:
- Viewing the nocturnal habits of the Zoo’s residents.
- Watching as Naturalists offer pumpkin treats to select animals.
The Hotel Hershey & Hershey Lodge
Stay overnight at The Official Resorts of Hersheypark for the perfect fall getaway. Overnight guests of Hershey Lodge receive exclusive access to Hershey’s Water Works at Hershey Lodge. The indoor pool complex includes two interactive indoor pools, Twizzlers Twists Slides, Reese’s Water Walk, water play structures, 24-hour arcade and the Cocoa Cabana dining location with a full bar.
The Hersheypark In The Dark Package (one day stay) is available at The Hotel Hershey and Hershey Lodge during the Halloween season:
- Available October 13 – 29, 2017 Friday and Saturday nights.
- Package Includes: Deluxe accommodations, breakfast per person with Hershey’s Characters, one-day admission to Hersheypark In The Dark Halloween attraction per person, admission to Hershey Gardens (including the year-round Butterfly Atrium), and admission to The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience.
New for 2017 is the Hersheypark Happy Halloween Package, available at The Hotel Hershey and Hershey Lodge during the Halloween season:
- Available October 13 – 29, 2017 (two-night stay on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Package Includes: Deluxe accommodations for two nights, breakfast per person per day with Hershey’s Characters, two-day admission to Hersheypark In The Dark Halloween attraction per person, admission to Hershey Gardens (including the year-round Butterfly Atrium), and admission to The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience.
The Spa at The Hotel Hershey
The Spa At The Hotel Hershey resort spa features special fall-themed treatments, including:
- Pumpkin Latte Manicure and Pedicure, September 1 – November 30, $140 Mon-Thurs, $150 Fri-Sun, Available October 1 – November 30
- Pumpkin Spice Scrub, $75 Mon-Thurs, $80, Fri-Sun
- Pumpkin Souffle Wrap, $130 Mon-Thurs, $140, Fri-Sun
- Fall Pumpkin Immersion, $195 Mon-Thurs, $205, Fri-Sun
- The Great Pumpkin Facial, $135 Mon-Thurs, $145 Fri-Sun
- Fall Pumpkin Package, $315 Mon-Thurs, $345, Fri-Sun
MeltSpa by Hershey
New for 2017 is MeltSpa by Hershey day spa. Located in the heart of downtown Hershey at 11 E Chocolate Ave., MeltSpa by Hershey features exclusive Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Treatments and additional services including:
- Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Sugar Scrub
- Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Body Wrap
- Hershey’s Sweet Hands & Feet Dark Chocolate Treatment
The Hershey Story Museum
Visitors can learn about the history of chocolate at The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue, as part of the following events:
- Halloween-themed classes in the Chocolate Lab: “Chocolate Cobweb Creations” and “Build a Batty Bar.” Participants also learn how cocoa beans are transformed into their favorite chocolate confections. Chocolate Lab classes require ticket purchase; individuals must be at least four years old to enter the lab.
- On Saturdays October 14, 21 and 28 children who visit the Museum Experience at The Hershey Story can create their very own monster pop using a Hershey’s milk chocolate bar, decorative icing and edible candy eyes. They’ll also receive a vintage Hershey’s mask to assemble. For a fun Halloween photo opportunity, children are encouraged to come dressed in their favorite costume and pose in front of a vintage Hershey’s advertising backdrop. Included in Museum Experience admission while supplies last
Hershey Gardens is illuminated with more than 150 uniquely carved pumpkins during Pumpkin Glow, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. on October 21, 22, 28 and 29. Kids ages 12 and younger are invited to bring a flashlight, come in costume, trick-or-treat throughout the Gardens and enjoy the following activities:
- Watch live pumpkin carving demonstrations.
- See a unique collection of live spiders and insects in the Educational & Horticultural Wing of the Milton & Catherine Hershey Conservatory. Please note, the Butterfly Atrium will be closed during Pumpkin Glow hours.
Classic Films return to Hershey Theatre on Saturday, October 21. Two timeless Halloween films will be shown in this majestic theatre. Tickets for each film are $8.
- “Hocus Pocus” at 7 p.m.
- “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” at 11:59 p.m. Rocky Horror Prop Bags also will be on sale for $8.
- The Halloween fun takes place Fridays through Sundays from October 13-29, and includes:
Visit hersheypark.com/seasons to check out all the Halloween activities and events.
Disclosure: NYC Single Mom is a 2017 Sweetest Moms Ambassador. All thoughts and opinions are my own.