Rango was one of the funniest movies we have seen all year. Both my daughter and I really loved this movie and Johnny Depp as Rango is just hilarious. Who knew a chameleon could be so funny? “Blend in” is my daughter’s favorite line from the film and trust me, she spends every day imitating the scene.
Synopsis: An animated Western with a chameleon as the hero is an unlikely concept, but Rango is a great film thanks to its witty mix of parody, intriguing characters, and sophisticated humor. When a common pet chameleon who’s suffering from an identity crisis crashes headfirst into the stereotypically classic Western town of Dirt, he has the unique opportunity to completely reinvent himself. Dubbing himself Rango, the chameleon boasts of his own heroism and creates a spiral of deception that lands him an appointment as sheriff of a town in crisis. The question is, can one unprepared and completely unqualified chameleon possibly change this little town’s future for the better? And how do road kill, enlightenment, and the Spirit of the West figure in to the equation? The animation looks great in this film and kids will love the goofy characters and crazy scenarios. But adults will find the film intriguing on a whole different level because of its comic parody of the iconic classic and spaghetti Western genres and the skilled balance of action, romance, and adventure. Kudos to director Gore Verbinski (Pirates of the Caribbean) and the talented voice cast, among them Johnny Depp, Isla Fisher, Ned Beatty, Abigail Breslin, Alfred Molina, and Bill Nighy, for an award-worthy film. Some kids ages 7 to 9 may find the film rather dark and the action a bit too intense, but kids 10 and older should be fine as long as parents don’t object to the PG rating (some rude humor, language, smoking, and action). –Tami Horiuchi Amazon.com
And for New Yorkers head to Coney Island Tonight Monday, July 18 to see Epix HD Outdoor Screening of Rango. Click here for details.
Two (YES, 2) NYC Single Mom Readers will win Rango Movie DVD. Required Entry: Subscribe to NYC Single Mom.com via e-mail and confirm subscription. (leave a separate comment)
- Leave a comment in a non-giveaway post. Leave separate comment. (1 entry)
- Follow @NYCSingleMom on Twitter. Leave separate comment.(1 entry)
- Like NYC Single Mom Fan Page Must leave a comment.(1 entry)
- Follow this blog publicly – Google Friend Connect. See Sidebar to follow. Leave separate comment. (1 entry)
- Blog about this giveaway with a link to this post and leave the link as a comment (2 entries)
- Tweet about this giveaway using the link below and leave a comment with the link here. Leave separate comment. (1 entry)
I’m entering to win @Rango DVD http://bit.ly/nkgbgJ @NYCSingleMom #giveaways
7. For New York City Fans, you can enter to win VIP seats to select outdoor movie screenings by following @EpixHD on Twitter. EPIX will announce on your Twitter handle when the contest begins for each movie (click here for EPIX outdoor movie schedule in New York,) then all you have to do is tweet to @EpixHD with the hashtag #EPIXFFA as instructed to become eligible to win. http://epx.ms/rules0
Winner will be selected by random.org shortly after August 2, 2011. Winner will be contacted by email and must respond within 48 hours or a new winner will be selected. Open to residents of the U.S. with a valid street address.
Again, you must leave a separate comment in the comments field for each entry that you make to be entered! If you are already any of these things, to enter just leave a separate comment reminding me of that! Contest ends midnight, August 1, 2011. Maximum winnings of 2 giveaways per every 90 days.
Disclosure: Level 1 compensation. Click here for NYC Single Mom’s disclosure policy.