Tips to Save Money at TJ Maxx and Marshalls
When it comes to bargain shopping at TJ Maxx and Marshalls, it’s all about the thrill of the find. And as many of us know, there is no need to pay full price for the designer brands and fashions we want.
So whether you are new or experienced shopper, here are 8 tips to Save Money at TJ Maxx and Marshall to find the looks and brands you want for less that I learned while at the Fashion Trends from TJ Maxx event.
1. Look carefully at the “compare at” value on the price tags. In T.J.Maxx and Marshalls stores, the exact same merchandise are sold in department and specialty stores, where prices are much higher. I must admit, I don’t really look at the compare tag but mostly at the final sale price but it’s always good to know how much you are saving versus department stores.
2. Shop often. Marshalls and T.J.Maxx receive more than 10,000 new items each week (in every store) so you never know. Shopping off‐price retailers is like finding a new store full of great deals every time you visit! This is true, I never see the same thing twice.
3. Everyone has their favorite section, whether it is the jewelry counter at T.J.Maxx that features high‐end options including 14‐kt. gold, sterling silver and semiprecious stones; or Marshalls Shoe MegaShop, which houses thousands of shoes for women, men and children in an easy‐to‐shop format. My favorite sections are toys (I have found tons of birthday gifts); bedding (both my current duvet comforter and my daughter’s are both from TJ Maxx); and housewares (both my Creuset pots are TJMaxx.)
4. Befriend your store manager. Get to know your you the inside scoop on when new shipments arrive so you can grab your favorite brands as soon as they hit the floor. This is a new one but I do know that for stores I shop regularly that it pays to know when they mark merchandise down and when new shipments in.
5. Not sure where to start? Try shopping the displays at the front of the store before easing into the racks. Merchandise in this area is organized by style and designer on four‐sided clothing racks. This can be a good place to start as you work your way into the racks to search for even more styles organized by size.
6. Look for the purple tags. Found on all types of clothing and accessories, these tags indicate a piece of elite designer merchandise normally found at upscale department stores. So, when scouring the racks, keep your eyes peeled for the stand-‐out lavender color to help find your favorite premium brand names. This is a something new for me, since again, I am pretty much peeled for the the final price.
7. Scan the single queu for last-‐minute gifts in the checkout line. The great gifts, even for yourself! This tip is fantastic, I always find something, mostly for myself. Last time, I was TJ Maxx, they had a set of reading glasses, 4 for $19.99. You may think 4 glasses, that’s a bit extreme. And you would be wrong. Trust me, somewhere in my apartment are 5 pairs of glasses missing in action.
8. Never, ever, pass up a really good bargain. Stores receive limited quantities of each item, so merchandise can sell out very quickly. That perfect dress or handbag may not be there the next time. If you change your mind, the stores have very liberal return policies.
Hope you find these tips helpful. Let me know if you have others tips to Save Money and Bargain Shop at TJ Maxx and Marshalls?
Disclosure: NYC Single Mom was not compensated for this post.